Pre-arranged funerals have become an important part of the estate planning process for many people in New Westminster, a trend Andrew Knapman says makes sense.
“When you make all the important decisions related to your funeral in advance, your loved ones don’t need to worry about them at the time of your passing,” says Knapman, location manager of Forest Lawn Funeral Home in nearby Burnaby.
Here are five reasons Knapman says pre-arrangement is beneficial to you and your loved ones:
1) You get to be involved in the process. Meeting with a funeral professional, you have an opportunity to outline exactly what you’re looking for and cover off all the details. Not only are you assured of getting the funeral you envisioned, you take away any second-guessing on the part of your family.
2) You can opt to pay for the services at the time of arrangement. Pre-funding your funeral means your family won’t be affected by future price increases. It also means that they don’t have to worry about how to pay for your funeral in their time of grief.
3) You have a chance to get organized. Providers such as Forest Lawn and Ocean View offer a personal planning guide, which outlines everything you need to organize your personal affairs and key information.
4) You’re free to change locations. Funerals that are pre-arranged and pre-funded with Forest Lawnand Ocean View, both a part ofDignity Memorial®, North America’s largest provider of funerals, cremations and cemetery services, can be moved to any other Dignity Memorial® funeral home in North America at no additional cost.
5) It’s the responsible thing to do. A pre-arranged funeral greatly reduces the stress on your family and friends.
For more information on pre-arranging your funeral, call 1-800-34-DIGNITY or go to the Forest Lawn website or the Ocean View website. Forest Lawn is at 3789 Royal Oak Ave. in North Burnaby and Ocean View is at 4000 Imperial St. Forest Lawn in South Burnaby, about only a 20-minute drive from the New Westminster town centre.