Are you feeling Irish? Yes, it’s St. Patrick’s Day again — and if you’re in the mood to celebrate, New West’s establishments have you covered.
Don your best green apparel and head out to enjoy the evening. Here are 7 New West ideas to get you started:
Union Jack Public House
It’s a full-on ceilidh at the Union Jack, with a roster of entertainment starting at 4:30 p.m. with the New West Pipe Band, Irish dancers, and the Mad Celts Band. No reservations are being taken, and seats are limited, so you’ll want to turn up early.
Union Jack is at 525 Seventh St.
Begbie’s is turning up the Irish-o-meter with a host of drink specials, including Guinness pints, Irish Car Bombs, Irish Maid cocktails, and green Carlsberg and 1516 sleeves, plus food offerings including beef and Guinness stew and curried shepherd’s pie – all served up to the backdrop of music by Mike Van Eyes from 7 to 11 p.m.
Begbie’s is at 609 Columbia St.
- Facebook: Begbies Tavern | New Westminster BC | Facebook
- Website: HOME | judgebegbies
Kelly & Carlos O’Bryan’s
It’s the day that New Westminster’s Irish pub and restaurant lives for, and they’re ready. Sample Irish fare and drinks at Kelly O’Bryan’s Restaurant and Carlos O’Bryan’s Pub – including its classic St. Patrick’s Stew.
There’s face painting from 2 to 6 p.m., Irish dancers at 8:30 p.m., a live band from 3 to 7 p.m. and a DJ from 8 p.m. to close. The under-19 crowd is welcome until 8 p.m.; the rest of you can stay out partying till 1 a.m. with extended hours for the occasion.
Kelly & Carlos O’Bryan’s is at 800 Columbia St.
- Instagram: Kelly O'Bryan's New West (@kellyobryansnewwest) • Instagram photos and videos
- Website: Kelly O'Bryan's Restaurants and Carlos O'Bryan's Pubs | Kelly/Carlos O' Bryan's - Neighborhood Restaurants & Pubs (kobcob.com)
Sapperton District Taphouse
The Sapperton District Taphouse is hosting a St. Patrick’s celebration with live music by a Celtic trio from 7 to 10 p.m. Special drinks and giveaways are the order of the night, including Guinness and Irish-inspired cocktails and shooters.
Sapperton District Taphouse is at 421 East Columbia St.
- Instagram: Sapperton District Taphouse (@sapdistricttap) • Instagram photos and videos
- Website: Sapperton District Taphouse
Georgie’s is having its Irish You Were Here festivities tonight, with tables available for reservation until 6 p.m. Join in for drink specials, prizes and giveaways.
Georgie’s is at 250 Columbia St.
- Website: Events & Specials — GEORGIE'S LOCAL - KITCHEN & BAR (georgieslocal.ca)
- Instagram: GEORGIE’S LOCAL KITCHEN + BAR (@georgieslocal) • Instagram photos and videos
River’s Reach Pub
River’s Reach is getting in on the St. Paddy’s Day fun with Guinness and Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale on tap, plus an Irish stew special to pair with your pint. You can even enter for a chance to win a pair of Guinness hockey gloves.
River’s Reach is at 320 Sixth St.
- Facebook: River's Reach Pub | New Westminster BC | Facebook
- Website: River Reach Pub – New West's Favourite Pub (riversreach.com)
Pacific Breeze Winery
So a packed pub isn’t your preferred Paddy’s Day? Never fear, Pacific Breeze Winery has you covered. You can celebrate St. Patrick’s Day all weekend long with New West’s urban winery, which is serving up lime slushies in honour of the occasion.
Pacific Breeze is at 6-320 Stewardson Way. The patio and lounge are open Friday through Sunday from noon to 6 p.m.
- Website: https://pacificbreezewinery.com/
- Instagram: Pacific Breeze Urban Winery (@pacificbreezewinery) • Instagram photos and videos
Follow Julie MacLellan on Twitter @juliemaclellan.
Email Julie, email@example.com