More Burnaby workers are testing positive for COVID-19 in the latest round of cases revealed in Lower Mainland grocery stores, pharmacies and restaurants.
Two workers at the Wholesale Club, 5335 Kingsway, in Burnaby’s Metrotown neighbourhood, have now tested positive for coronavirus. The last day the team members worked were on Jan. 28 and 30. (This same Wholesale Club had staff test positive in December).
This follows workers at the McDonald’s restaurant at 7229 Kingsway in Burnaby also testing positive. The employees last worked on Jan. 20 and 23.
Loblaw Companies Ltd updated its coronavirus case tracker website with more test-positive COVID cases for workers at stores located in British Columbia.
The following stores are affected, according to Loblaw:
- Real Canadian Superstore, 7550 King George Blvd., in Surrey. The last day the employee worked was on Jan. 30.
- Real Canadian Superstore, 160th Street in Surrey. The last day the employee worked was on Jan. 25.
- Real Canadian Superstore, 2855 Gladwin Rd., Abbotsford. The last day the employee worked was on Jan. 27.
- Real Canadian Superstore, 14650 – 104 Ave., Surrey, with the last day worked on Jan. 22.
- Real Canadian Superstore, 8195 - 120th Street, Delta: The last day the team member worked was on Jan.16
- Davie Street Your Independent Grocer, 1255 Davie St., Vancouver: The last day the two team members each worked was on Jan. 23 and 24.
The Your Independent Grocer store's Jan. 28 listing reflects an additional case among store staff. On Wednesday, Loblaw indicated a single test-positive case for the team member last at work on Jan. 23.
Loblaw also listed one of its pharmacies as a Shoppers Drug Mart on Marine Drive has a staff case, with the worker’s last shift being Jan. 24.
Sobeys, Inc, the parent company of Safeway has indicated on its case tracker that an employee working at one of its Metro Vancouver stores has tested positive for the virus. The affected store is as follows:
- Safeway, 220, 800 Carnarvon Street, New Westminster: The last day the employee worked was Jan. 24.
Previously, Sobeys confirmed a test-positive store worker case for an employee at its Thrifty Foods location at #120-845 Marine Drive in North Vancouver. That infected worker was last on the job Jan. 17.
- With files from Lindsay William-Ross, Vancouver is Awesome