1. Head to Mercer Stadium for Hyacks Homecoming 2019 on Friday, Sept. 13. The pregame part starts at 5 p.m. and includes a family fun zone (bouncy castles, a barbecue concession, tug of war and more), followed by the alumni flag football game at 5:15 p.m., an alumni reception at 6 p.m. and kickoff for the game between the New Westminster Hyacks and GW Graham at 7:30 p.m.
2. Celebrate Queensborough’s past and present at the Queensborough Festival on Saturday, Sept. 14 from 3 to 7 p.m. at Ryall Park, 920 Ewen Ave. Games and activities, food trucks and entertainment for the whole family are part of the day’s fun. Details at www.ourqueensborough.ca.
3. Support efforts to find a cure for cancer and take part in this year’s Terry Fox Run in New Westminster. It’s on Sunday, Sept. 15 at Westminster Quay/River Market, with registration at the market at 9 a.m. and the run at 10 a.m. The route is suitable for bikes, wheelchairs/strollers and rollerbladers, with 1-kilomentre, 2-km, 5-km and 10-km routes available.
4. Watch some of Vancouver’s best improv comedians create comedic magic inspired by your secrets on Friday, Sept. 13 at the Columbia Theatre, 530 Columbia St. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. and the Dirty Little Secrets improv comedy show starts at 8 p.m. Food and beverages are available in this fully licensed, all-ages venue. Tickets are $20.
5. Check out the action when ECCW Pro Wrestling comes to Anvil Centre on Friday, Sept. 13. Doors open at 7 p.m. and bell time is at 8 p.m. The main event is a War Games style steel cage match. Tickets and info at www.eccw.com.
6. Attend a performance by the Vancouver Cello Quartet at Anvil Centre on Saturday, Sept. 14 at 7:30 p.m. It’s the opening show in Anvil Centre’s new chamber concert series. Tickets are $38 for adults and $20 for students, available at www.ticketsnw.ca or 604-521-5050.
Email your Top 5 ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You can also check out our full arts and events calendar listings on our website's homepage at www.newwestrecord.ca.