The HugABull Advocacy and Rescue Society is hosting a speaker series at River Market in New Westminster with expert speakers covering a wide array of topics on doggy health.
HugABull is a local rescue organization that works with B.C. shelters and its foster/adoption program focuses on bully breed dogs.
“However, our mandate is to encourage responsible ownership of all breeds, which is why we are offering this free education opportunity to the public,” said a news release. “We are partnering with some of Metro Vancouver's most renowned dog experts (including a representative from own team at New Westminster Animal Services) to speak about topics that will help our community members be better dog parents.”
There are five sessions between Feb. 27 and March 27:
- Feb. 27 - Rescue 101: Navigating the Adoption System: Guest speakers include Margie Fox from New Westminster Animal Services, April Fahr, HugABull
- March 6 - Finding Your Canine Support Team: How to connect with a reputable dog trainer, walker, boarding facility, groomer or other professional
- March 12 – Canine Mental Health: Dr. Rebecca Ledger
- March 19 - Canine Communication and Body Language
- March 27 - Beyond Basic Obedience: The Role of Enrichment
More details on each session and information on registration can be found on the HugABull blog: