If the kids are getting a little tired of playing in the backyard, good news: school playgrounds are open for outdoor fun again.
The New Westminster school district has announced the reopening of its playgrounds and other outdoor spaces, at the same time as the City of New Westminster has begun reopening playgrounds in municipal parks.
The school district has issued a number of reminders for those wanting to use the schools’ outdoor spaces – all in keeping with COVID-19 health regulations.
A few guidelines:
- Maintain proper physical distance (six feet or two metres) from people not in your immediate circle.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often, for 20 seconds.
- When soap and water is not available, hand sanitizer is a good alternative.
- Use proper respiratory etiquette if you need to cough or sneeze (into your sleeve/elbow)
- No gathering in large groups.
- Stay home if you’re sick.