Thirteen different kinds of pre-bagged salads sold across Canada have been recalled due to possible listeria contamination.
On Friday (Jan. 7) the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) issued the recall for certain Dole and President's Choice brand salads. The agency recommends checking to see if you have bought the salads included and not eating them if you have. Instead, you should either throw them out or return them to where they were purchased.
In the recall, the CFIA advised that food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick.
"Symptoms can include vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headache and neck stiffness. Pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems are particularly at risk," the recall states. In severe cases of illness, people may die.
- Dole - Garden Salad
- Dole - Very Veggie
- Dole - Greener Selection
- Dole - American Blend
- Dole - Asian Island Crunch Suprême Kit
- Dole - Southwest Salad Suprême Kit
- Dole - Chop Chop Kit Peppercorn Ranch
- Dole - Chop Chop Kit Teriyaki Pineapple
- President's Choice - Garden Salad
- President's Choice - Mixed Greens
- President's Choice - Ranch Salad Kit
- President's Choice - Sesame Ginger Salad Kit
- President's Choice - Southwest Salad Kit
For best before date and other details about these salads check out the CFIA's webpage.