Gas prices are back on the rise in New Westminster — but not by much.
The cheapest price for fuel in the city is $1.75 per litre at the Ewen Avenue Centex as of this publication, Nov. 17, according to GasBuddy.com.
That's an increase of only one cent compared to last Friday's, Nov. 10, data, considered to be one of the least expensive prices in Metro Vancouver.
More than half of New West's gas stations are back above $1.80 per litre ahead of the weekend.
The city's average price, as a result, has gone up four cents to around $1.81 per litre.
Meanwhile, drivers will need to venture to Vancouver Island in order to find B.C.'s most affordable gas.
Super Save Gas in Nanaimo holds the title of cheapest fuel in the province, offering $1.54 per litre as of this publication.
Other stations in Lantzville and Parksville are not far behind at $1.58 per litre.
The shortest commute drive for New Westminster residents to find a comparable price is nearly an hour's drive east to the Fraser Valley.
Mission's Petro Canada off Lougheed Highway is selling fuel for $1.59 per litre.
New West's fuel prices
The following prices are the best available in New Westminster as of 10:45 a.m. today:
- 175.9/L @ Centex and GOmarket (1101 Ewen Ave.)
- 179.9/L @ Petro-Canada (132 12th St.)
- 179.9/L @ Chevron (3 E 8th Ave.)
- 179.9/L @ Chevron (496 E Columbia St.)
- 181.9/L @ Chevron (428 Sixth St.)
- 181.9/L @ Husky (465 Brunette Ave.)
- 182.9/L @ Esso and 7-Eleven (736 Sixth Ave.)
- 183.9/L @ Shell (5 W 8th Ave.)
- 184.9/L @ Esso and 7-Eleven (780 6th St.)