Gas prices in Metro Vancouver have hit a low that drivers have not seen since the beginning of the year.
After weeks of spike, drivers can now fill up at some pumps for as low as $1.569 per litre. The cheapest pump in Metro Vancouver is in Langley, for the drivers heading in that direction.
According to Gasbuddy.com, the city of Vancouver averages around $1.619 per litre.
In a statement earlier in November, Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy, said that he expected to see sharp drops in gas prices across Metro Vancouver in the coming weeks, and the gas prices are now at a low we haven't seen since the beginning of the year, much to the relief of the drivers.
As of Dec. 2 at 1:40 p.m., these are the prices at New Westminster pumps:
1) $ 1.569/L @ Esso and 7-Eleven at 780 Sixth St.
2) $ 1.589/L @ Husky at 465 Brunette Ave.
3) $ 1.619/L @ Esso and 7-Eleven at 736 Sixth Ave.
4) $ 1.619/L @ Chevron and On the Run at 3 East Eigth Ave
5) $ 1.659/L @ Chevron at 496 East Columbia St.
6) $ 1.659/L@ Petro Canada at 132 12th St.
7) $ 1.659/L @ Chevron at 428 Sixth St.
Burnaby-headed folks can expect few pumps like Smart Gas and Super Save on Canada Way and Sixth Street to have slightly cheaper prices below $1.60/L.
-with files from Stefan Labbé