Fraser Health has declared a COVID-19 outbreak at the same New Westminster that saw exposures earlier in November.
A resident in long-term care at Queen’s Park Care Centre has tested positive for COVID-19. Fraser Health has declared an outbreak, and a rapid response team is at the site. Communication with residents and families is underway.
Queen’s Park Care Centre is an acute and long-term care facility in New Westminster that is owned and operated by Fraser Health. This outbreak is confined to long-term care. The resident is currently in self-isolation in their home in long term care.
At the start of November, this care centre saw outbreaks in both the long-term and acute-care areas.
“Enhanced control measures have been put in place at the site,” said a news release. “Fraser Health is working with staff to identify anyone who may have been exposed and is taking steps to protect the health of all staff, residents and families.”
Fraser Health says it has implemented the following:
- Staffing levels will be maintained to provide resident care.
- Visitors are restricted throughout the facility.
- Staff and resident movement in the facility has been restricted.
- Cleaning and infection control measures have been enhanced.
- Residents, families and staff are being notified.
- Twice a day screening of all staff and residents.
“During this time, Fraser Health has additional presence at the site to take any further actions required and to support the facility,” said a news release. “This includes dedicated people to address quality, answer questions from staff, residents and family, and provide active checks of symptoms with staff and residents.”