A New Westminster assisted living facility is dealing with COVID-19 exposure, according to Fraser Health.
Good Samaritan Victoria Heights is an assisted living facility that is owned and operated by The Good Samaritan Society.
Fraser Health said in a news release that at least one staff member tested positive for COVID-19.
Good Samaritan Victoria Heights was on a list of five sites in which staff members have tested positive.
“Enhanced control measures have been put in place at all five sites,” said a news release. “Fraser Health is working with staff to identify anyone who may have been exposed and is taking steps to protect the health of all staff, residents and families.”
Individual staff members at Evergreen Baptist Care Society, Sunset Manor, Fort Langley Seniors Community, and Baillie House are also on the list.
“Fraser Health has declared outbreaks at these locations, and has deployed rapid response teams to each site. Communication with residents and families is underway,” said a news release.
Fraser Health says it has implemented the following at each site:
- Staffing levels will be maintained to provide resident care.
- Visitors are restricted throughout the facility.
- Staff and residents movement in the facility has been restricted.
- Cleaning and infection control measures have been enhanced.
- Residents, families and staff are being notified.
- Twice a day screening of all staff and residents.
In addition, Fraser Health has declared COVID-19 outbreaks over at George Derby Centre (Burnaby), Langley Lodge (Langley), Chartwell Crescent Gardens (Surrey), Harrison West at Elim Village (Surrey), and White Rock Seniors Village (White Rock).