A Safeway in New Westminster has now had a second worker test positive for COVID-19.
Sobeys updated its employee case tracker to include the Safeway at 800 Carnarvon St. store. The worker last had a shift on Jan. 29, while a second employee who tested positive last worked on Jan. 24.
Sobeys also recently reported that a staff member from its Kensington Safeway in Burnaby tested positive.
This follows a series of other positive COVID-19 tests involving grocery store workers in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley.
The latest case involves a worker at the Real Canadian Superstore in Burnaby’s biggest mall, Metropolis at Metrotown. The worker’s last shift was on Jan. 31. This Superstore has had multiple cases involving staff in the past few months.
This follows two workers at the Wholesale Club, 5335 Kingsway, in Burnaby’s Metrotown neighbourhood, testing positive for coronavirus. The last day the team members worked were on Jan. 28 and 30. (This same Wholesale Club had staff test positive in December).
Two workers at the McDonald’s restaurant at 7229 Kingsway in Burnaby also tested positive. The employees last worked on Jan. 20 and 23.
Loblaw Companies Ltd updated its coronavirus case tracker website with more test-positive COVID cases for workers at stores located in British Columbia.
- Shoppers Drug Mart on South Fraser Way, with the worker’s last shift on Feb. 2.
- Real Canadian Superstore, 7550 King George Blvd., in Surrey. The last day the employee worked was on Jan. 30.
- Real Canadian Superstore, 160th Street in Surrey. The last day the employee worked was on Jan. 25.
- Real Canadian Superstore, 2855 Gladwin Rd., Abbotsford. The last day the employee worked was on Jan. 27.
- Real Canadian Superstore, 14650 – 104 Ave., Surrey, with the last day worked on Jan. 22.
- Real Canadian Superstore, 8195 - 120th Street, Delta: The last day the team member worked was on Jan.16
Loblaw also listed one of its pharmacies as a Shoppers Drug Mart on Marine Drive has a staff case, with the worker’s last shift being Jan. 24.