1. Check out the Vagabond Players’ latest presentation, 4000 Miles, which is billed as a humorous and uplifting story of growing up and growing old. It’s on at the Bernie Legge Theatre in Queen’s Park until April 22, with performances Thursday to Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets range from $12 to $17 and are available at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-521-0412.
2. Enjoy a free wine tasting and check out Pacific Breeze Winery’s new rebranding/labels that feature New Westminster’s skyline. The urban winery is having an open house to launch their new 100 per cent B.C. VQA wines (a pinot blanc, a Gewurztraminer and a rose) on Saturday, April 21 from 1 to 3 p.m. at #6-320 Stewardson Way. You’re invited to drop in and meet the winemakers, enjoy light snacks and taste the new spring collection.
3. Take in the New Independent, a live music and photography showcase featuring female artists on Saturday, April 21 from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. at Old Crow Coffee Co., 655 Front St. Admission is $7 in advance or $10 at the door. Info at The New Independent page on Facebook.
4. Head uptown and take in the New West Farmers Market’s final winter market of the season on Saturday, April 21 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Belmont Street. (Starting Thursday, May 24, the market will run every Thursday until Oct. 4 from 3 to 7 p.m. in its spring and summer home in Tipperary Park.)
5. Learn to make a scarf in half-an-hour with finger knitting at Cosy Yarns in River Market, 810 Quayside Dr. Open to anyone five years and up, the class is $15 (including all materials) or $10 if you bring a friend. Classes are on Saturday, April 21 at 11 a.m. and noon and on Sunday, April 22 at 3 and 4 p.m.
6. Groove to the music of the ShinDiggers, who’ll be performing cover tunes at the Union Jack Public House and Carvery on Friday and Saturday night. The pub is located at 525 Seventh St.
Email your Top 5 ideas to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out our full arts and events calendar listings on our website's homepage at www.newwestrecord.ca.