The New Westminster Public Library is offering a series of free life skills workshops.
Participants can register for one or more workshops, or for all of them.
Topics and dates include the following:
- Federal government programs, a presentation by Service Canada, Nov. 7
- Canada's government, Nov. 8
- Canadian legal system, Nov. 16
- Newcomers to Canada, a presentation by Canada Revenue Agency, Nov. 17
- Child and family benefits, a presentation by Canada Revenue Agency, Nov. 21
- Multiculturalism, Nov. 22
- Consumer protection, Dec. 1
- Financial literacy, Dec. 2.
All programs will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. and conducted in English, with translation in Mandarin/ Cantonese available.
For more information and to register, call MOSAIC at 604-522-3722 ext. 155.
The classes are co-sponsored by New Westminster Public Library and MOSAIC'S settlement program.
The New Westminster Public Library is located at 716 Sixth Ave. and is wheelchair-accessible.
See www.nwpl.ca for more about the library.