1. Enjoy a night out at Royal City Musical Theatre’s spring production of Singin’ in the Rain, which is onstage at Massey Theatre until April 20. Shows are Thursday to Sunday at 7:30 p.m. (with matinees on April 13, 14 and 20 at 2 p.m.). Tickets are available at www.ticketsnw.ca or 604-521-5050.
2. Hit the dancefloor when Raincity brings its funky sound to The Columbia, the second in the Five Nights at The Columbia series. The show is on Saturday, April 13 from 8 to 10:30 p.m. Details and tickets at www.musicnewwest.com.
3. Pick up some yummy treats when New Westminster’s Ukrainian community holds an Easter Bake Sale on Saturday, April 13 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Holy Eucharist Church Hall, 501 Fourth Ave. The sale will feature paskas, babkas and pies, as well as frozen perogies, cabbage rolls, Ukrainian sausage, fresh borscht, beet horseradish and more.
4. Buy some books and support a good cause at Lord Kelvin Elementary School’s Buck-a-bag Book Sale on Friday, April 12 from 3 to 4:30 p.m., 1010 Hamilton St. The school’s parent advisory council is raising money to build a swing set for the community.
5. Drop in to the New West Artists Gallery open house on Sunday, April 14 from noon to 6 p.m. at 712C 12th St, where you’ll find more than 115 works of arts by local artists, jewelry, art cards, magnets and more. Admission is free, and refreshments will be served. Info at www.newwestartists.com
6. Attend the Hyack Festival Association’s 48th annual gala weekend, where Miss New Westminster Ambassador will give speech and talent presentations on Friday, April 12 at 6:30 p.m. at the Justice Institute and the 2019 Hyack ambassadors, including Miss New Westminster 2019, will be installed and scholarships and awards will be handed out at the Evening of Stars on Saturday, April 13 at 6:30 p.m. at the Douglas College Theatre. Details and tickets at www.eventbrite.ca. (search for Hyack).
Email your Top 5 ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You can also check out our full arts and events calendar listings on our website's homepage at www.newwestrecord.ca.