1. Head to the Columbia Theatre for an album release concert by the veteran musicians in the Matlen Starsley Band on Saturday, July 13 at 8 p.m. (doors open at 7 p.m.) The band, which plays a mix of country, blues, southern rock and roots music, will perform its new album Rollin’ Again in its entirety. Tickets are $35 and available at www.thecolumbia.net.
2. Learn to use the art of memory online and test your skills at the 2019 British Columbia Memory Championship that’s taking place at the New Westminster Public Library’s auditorium on Saturday, July 13 at 1 p.m. Info (including free resources to improve your memory) and rules are available at www.canadianmindsport.com.
3. Enjoy a movie in the great outdoors when The Lego Movie hits the big screen in Sapperton Park. Bring some snacks and a seat/blanket to this week’s free flick in the outdoor movie series. The movie starts at dusk.
4. Race over to the Bernie Legge Theatre in Queen’s Park to see Page Theatre’s presentation of Run For Your Wife. Tickets are $10 for the July 11 preview show or $15 online ($20 at the door) for the show that runs July 13 to 27 (Thursday to Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m.) Tickets and details at www.brownpapertickets.com (search for Run For Your Wife.)
5. Take in some live music at the Heritage Grill’s Super Rock Sun Daze on Sunday, July 14 at 8 p.m. The Heritage Grill is at 447 Columbia St.
6. Buy, sell, trade and play board games on Sunday, July 14 at River Market, where folks of all-ages are invited to bring games to play at the board-game meet-up. At the same time, Boardgame Warriors is hosting a board game buy/sell/trade event – RSVP to trade or sell ahead of time at www.meetup.com/The-Board-Gamers-of-Central-Vancouver.
Email your Top 5 ideas to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out our full arts and events calendar listings on our website's homepage at www.newwestrecord.ca.