1. Coast on down to the waterfront for RiverFest 2019, a free, family-friendly festival including entertainment, vendors, exhibitors, children’s activities, live music, the Lucille Johnstone Workboat Parade and more. It’s on Saturday, Sept. 21 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in and around Fraser River Discovery Centre, 788 Quayside Dr.
2. Join Allan Morgan on the Massey Theatre stage as he shares his journey though homophobia – both internalized and societal – toward the light of acceptance and love. Pride, an informal storytelling presentation complete with cookies served by Morgan, has four performances from Sept. 20 to 22. Details and tickets at www.ticketsnw.ca.
3. Help the New Westminster Police Department shape its vision for the future by attending a strategic planning consultation. Two sessions are taking place on Saturday, Sept. 21 at the New Westminster Public Library – 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m. It’s free to attend, but register at Eventbrite.ca (search for NWPD strategic planning community consultation.)
4. Take your pooch to the first-ever Woofstock Festival featuring dog photos sessions, contests and giveaways, family-friendly performances, food for pets and humans, DIY bandana and flower crown stations and more. This free event is at Port Royal Park (215 Salter St. in Queensborough) on Saturday, Sept. 21 from noon to 3 p.m.
5. Head to Queen’s Park for the New West Skate Jam, featuring skateboarding, food, DJ music, prizes and arts stations. It’s on Friday, Sept. 20 from 4 to 7 p.m. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-834-2007.
6. Try something new this fall at the drop-in and registered programs being offered by the city. All the details are in the Fall Active Living Guide (pick up a copy at community facilities or city hall, or check it out online at on the parks and recreation page at www.newwestcity.ca).
Email your Top 5 ideas to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out our full arts and events calendar listings on our website's homepage at www.newwestrecord.ca.