1. Enjoy a night of laughs – and find out who will be crowned the Most Horrible Person of New Westminster – when The Fictionals bring their award-winning Improv for Humanity to Anvil Centre on Friday, Oct. 11 at 8 p.m. Tickets are $18.50 (plus service charges) and available at ticketstonight.ticketforce.com.
2. Celebrate Homelessness Action Week by taking part in a family-friendly Homelessness Awareness Walk in Uptown New West on Saturday, Oct. 12 from noon to 3 p.m. Starting at the Salvation Army (325 Sixth St) and going to Moody Park and back, it includes lunch and hot chocolate.
3. Eat and sing at Westminster House’s Spaghetti Karaoke Dance Party, featuring dinner and prizes for best-dressed. It’s on Saturday, Oct. 12 from 6 to 11 p.m. at 726 12th St. Tickets and details about this fundraiser at www.eventbrite.ca (search for Spaghetti Karaoke Dance Party.)
4. Attend Tony ‘n Tina’s Wedding, an interactive theatrical experience coming to the Columbia Theatre on Saturday, Oct. 12. The show, featuring a 1980’s throwback feel of the original New York production, includes the food, drink, dance and songs of a real wedding. Info and tickets ($85) at www.eventbrite.ca. (Search for Tony ‘n Tina’s Wedding.)
5. Check out the Vagabond Players’ season opener, Terror by Gaslight, running until Oct. 26 at the Bernie Legge Theatre in Queen’s Park. Shows run Thursday to Saturday at 8 p.m. and on Sunday at 2 p.m. For reservations call 604-521-0412 or go to www.vagabondplayers.ca.
Email your Top 5 ideas to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out our full arts and events calendar listings on our website's homepage at www.newwestrecord.ca.