1. Drink craft beer and soak up the ambiance of Cameron Clow’s neon art at Another Beer Co., where an exhibition featuring his work is running till Nov. 30. ABC is at #11-30 Capilano Way.
2. Head to Massey Theatre for Shaun Majumder’s Hate Tour. It’s on Sunday, Nov. 23 at 8 p.m. Massey Theatre is at 735 Eighth Ave. Tickets and info at www.masseytheatre.com.
3. Check out Love Out Loud, an exhibit at the Plaskett Gallery at Massey Theatre commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots – considered by many to be the birth of the modern Pride movement. Love Out Loud – Images of Pride: Personal and Political runs until Nov. 29. The gallery is open Tuesday to Saturday from 1 to 5 p.m. or by appointment and one hour before and during productions in the theatre.
4. Put on your dancing shoes and head to the Christmas Social Dance Party on Saturday, Nov. 23 from 7 to 9 p.m. at Centennial Community Centre, 65 East Sixth Ave. This free event is a chance for people who love ballroom dancing to practise their moves and socialize – and an opportunity for newbies to take a fun, mini-dance lesson, watch a couple of demonstrations and take part in a mid-evening line dance. Attendees are invited to bring a food item if they’d like to do so. Info at 604-521-2772.
5. Support local students and get some shopping done at Herbert Spencer Elementary School’s annual craft fair, featuring 60 artisans and vendors and Candy Cane Lane filled with kid crafters. You can buy lunch and sweet treats at the bistro and win prizes in the 50/50 and raffle draw. It’s on Saturday, Nov. 23 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 605 Second St.
6. Skip cooking and head to the Ukrainian Perogy Supper for dinner on Saturday, Nov. 23 from 4 to 7 p.m. at Holy Eucharist Church hall, 501 Fourth Ave.
Email your Top 5 ideas to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out our full arts and events calendar listings on our website's homepage at www.newwestrecord.ca.