1. Tempt your palate at the Columbia StrEAT Food Truck Fest on Saturday, July 27 from 4 to 10 p.m. on Columbia Street. The largest food truck festival in Canada features more than 100 food vendors, live entertainment and shopping. Admission is free.
2. Watch a movie in the great outdoors when the outdoor movie night (for folks aged 19 and up) heads to Westminster Pier Park with a showing of Bohemian Rhapsody on the big screen. Admission is free. Bring a blanket or chair to sit on. The adult-only event includes extended hours at the Eats concession, and food and liquor sales from 8 to 10 p.m.
3. Enjoy a jam-packed night of live music at the Roaring 20’s Vaudeville Show at the Columbia Theatre on Saturday, July 27. The event includes performances by Beauty Shop Dolls of Vancouver, Lil Mishka Band, and a big disco party at the end with DJ Elixir, as well as food and swing dance demonstrations and instruction before the shows. Tickets and info at www.eventbrite.ca. (Search for Retro Night Show at the Columbia.)
4. Connect with other community members in the free Paint the Community event at Centennial Community Centre on Sunday, July 28 from 2 to 5 p.m. Newcomers and local residents can connect while learning a new art technique from a local artist. Centennial Community Centre is at 65 East Sixth Ave. Details and RSVP at www.community-tree.com.
5. Check out the Drag Show on Sunday, July 28 at 7 p.m. at the Heritage Grill, 447 Columbia St.
Email your Top 5 ideas to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out our full arts and events calendar listings on our website's homepage at www.newwestrecord.ca