1. Check out all the action at the Uptown Live street party on Saturday, July 20 from noon to 9:30 p.m. Along with music on four stages (including headliner Chris Buck Band), Uptown Live includes interactive exhibits, artisans, food trucks, and a beverage service area featuring a variety of local craft beers. It’s all happening in the area around Sixth and Sixth.
2. Attend the worldwide premiere launch of the new book, Mood Dancing, by Iain McLachlan, who’s in town visiting from Belfast, Northern Ireland. The launch, taking place on Saturday, July 20 at 1:30 p.m. at Anvil Centre, includes a reading by the author, live music and more. Mood Dancing is available from Amazon or Silver Bow Publishing (www.silverbowpublishing.com.)
3. Head to Moody Park on Friday, July 19 to watch The Avengers, this week’s flick at the outdoor movie series. Bring a blanket or chairs and snacks and enjoy the movie that begins at dusk.
4. Stroll along the waterfront and shop from more than 40 vendors of handmade goods. The New West Craft boardwalk market is on Saturday, July 20 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at River Market, 810 Quayside Dr.
5. Take in some live music at the Heritage Grill’s Super Rock Sun Daze on Sunday, July 21 at 8 p.m. The Heritage Grill is at 447 Columbia St.
Email your Top 5 ideas to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out our full arts and events calendar listings on our website's homepage at www.newwestrecord.ca