1. Spend the evening shopping at the New West Craft’s fifth annual Winter Night Market on Saturday, Dec. 7 from 6 to 9:30 p.m. This year includes two locations – River Market, where you’ll find more than 50 vendors, music and food and 100 Braid Street Studios, featuring their resident artists and a selection of other craft and artisan vendors and a visit from the Tacofino food truck). River Market is at 810 Quayside Dr.
2. Join Vagabond Players and Capricorn Theatre as they take theatregoers to a magical land in the family-friendly musical comedy, Once Upon a Fairytale. It’s on stage at the Bernie Legge Theatre until Dec. 15, with shows from Thursday to Sunday. For show times and tickets go to www.vagabondplayers.ca.
3. Take the kids to Holiday Hooray!, a Vancouver Symphony Orchestra Tiny Tots show featuring singalongs and music from holiday classics. The show, designed for kids from toddlers to five years of age, is at Anvil Centre on Saturday, Dec. 7, with shows at 10 and 11:30 a.m. Tickets and info at www.anvilcentre.com.
4. Head to Massey Theatre for Canadian Superstars: A Tribute to Michael Bublé and Celine Dion, featuring performers singing all your fave Celine Dion and Michal Bublé hits, accompanied by a live band and dancers. It’s on Saturday, Dec. 7 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $46.25 to $57.50 and available at www.masseytheatre.com.
5. Shop and support St. Barnabas Church by attending its Last Minute Christmas Bake Sale and Bazaar on Saturday, Dec. 7 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Baking, jams and other treats will be sold at the sale, and the thrift store is selling Christmas treasures. St. Barnabas is at 1010 Fifth Ave.
6. Buy homemade cookies, shop from a variety of vendors and see Santa at theKnox Church Christmas sale on Saturday, Dec. 7 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 403 East Columbia St. A variety of vendors will be selling crafts and products for gift giving and Santa will be attending.
Email your Top 5 ideas to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out our full arts and events calendar listings on our website's homepage at www.newwestrecord.ca.