1. Celebrate the 10th anniversary of New West Pride and the 50th anniversary of the decriminalization of homosexuality in Canada at the Pride Street Party on Saturday, Aug. 17 from 3 to 8 p.m. on Columbia Street, where you’ll find entertainment, food trucks and community organizations.
2. Shop for new-to-you treasures at the Quayside Boardwalk sale on Saturday, Aug. 17 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Quay owners and residents will be displaying their wares along the waterfront boardwalk and Quayside Drive, rain or shine. Details at quaysideboard.com.
3. Enjoy games, food, art, live music and much more at the Aegis West Carnival, a free, fun-filled event taking place on Friday, Aug. 16 from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Sapperton Park. Everyone is welcome to attend this event, hosted by posAbilities, which includes free food, live music, face painting and more.
4. Stroll along the riverfront boardwalk and check out the handmade offerings of vendors at the New West Craft Summer Boardwalk Market. They’ll be set up inside River Market (810 Quayside Dr.) and on the boardwalk from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 17.
5. Listen to poetry readings and open-mic presentations at the Royal City Literary Arts Society’s Poetic Justice event at the Heritage Grill, 447 Columbia St. It’s on every Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m.
Email your Top 5 ideas to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out our full arts and events calendar listings on our website's homepage at www.newwestrecord.ca