1. Hop on over to Easter in Queen’s Park where families will enjoy a variety of free activities including crafts, live entertainment, activity stations, a visit to the petting farm and photos with the Easter bunnies (suggested $2 donation). It’s all happening on Sunday, April 21 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Queen’s Park.
2. Learn more about what’s being proposed with the future New Westminster Aquatic and Community Centre at an information booth being set up at Easter in Queen’s Park on Sunday, April 21. The facility, which will replace Canada Games Pool and Centennial Community Centre, is set to begin construction in early 2020.
3. Pop into the Gallery at Queen’s Park to see The Recollection Experiment, a new exhibition by Lisa-Scarlett Cruji that blends original poetry and tiny narrative with vintage photographs. The exhibit runs until April 28 in the gallery that’s located in Centennial Lodge. The gallery is open Wednesdays from 1 to 8 p.m. and Thursdays to Sundays from 1 to 5 p.m.
4. Hunt for clues and win prizes at the Easter Egg Trivia Hunt at River Market in this event being hosted by the Stage New West and River Market. People can head to the market until April 21 and search the market for answers to trivia questions and completed ballots in a box and vie for prizes. River Market is at 810 Quayside Dr.
5. Hit the dancefloor when Josh Wyper and Friends take to the stage at The Columbia Theatre on Saturday, April 20 as part of the Five Nights at the Columbia concert series. Wyper, who combines “a rock and roll attitude with classic Motown soul,” will perform some original material as well as songs from rock and roll greats. Food and beverage service is available at The Columbia, 530 Columbia St. Tickets are $25 and available at www.eventbrite.ca (search for Josh Wyper).
6. Check out Singin’ in the Rain before it’s too late to see this great production by Royal City Musical Theatre. It’s onstage at Massey Theatre until Saturday, April 20. Tickets are available at www.ticketsnw.ca or 604-521-5050.
Email your Top 5 ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You can also check out our full arts and events calendar listings on our website's homepage at www.newwestrecord.ca.