1. Motor on over to Detroit, Vagabond Player’s latest play, which runs at the Bernie Legge Theatre in Queen’s Park from April 4 to 27. (Take note, the play contains coarse language, heavy alcohol use, drug references and mature subject matter.) Tickets are available at www.vagabondplayers.ca or 604-521-0412
2. Support sustainability and shop for everything from small furniture, décor, books, clothing, toys and sports equipment the REUZ Market on Saturday, April 6 from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Ecole Glenbrook Middle School, 701 Park Cres. Admission is $2, but you can get a free admission ticket if you bring a bag of returnable beverage containers for the bottle drive for the Down Syndrome Research Foundation. Info about the market at www.reuz.ca.
3. Wine and dine at the BC Uncorked, the B.C. Wine and Food Festival that’s taking place at Anvil Centre on Saturday, April 6 from 7 to 10 p.m. The event features more than 50 wineries, restaurants, caterers and food companies. Tickets are $75 and include admission, light appetizers and wine samples. For tickets and details, go to www.bcuncorked.com
4. Rock out at Steelwheels Back from the Brink Tour, featuring music by the Rolling Stones. It’s on Friday, April 5 from 9 p.m. to midnight at the Union Jack Public House, 525 Seventh St. Cover charge is $10 after 8 p.m.
5. Check out UnderExposed, a juried exhibition of “genre-bending photo-based art” at 100 Braid Street Studios. Part of the Capture Photography Festival, the UnderExposed photography art show runs from Friday, April 5 to Sunday, April 7 from noon to 5 p.m. at 100 Braid St. (A reception on Saturday runs from 7 p.m. till midnight.) Free admission.
6. Learn about salmon when Fraser River Discovery Centre brings the Urban Salmon Project to town on Saturday, April 6 from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Biologist, photographer and storyteller Fernando Lessa visited more than 25 creeks and rivers and documented five species of salmon and other underwater life in more than 200 photos. Admission to the presentation in included in admission to Fraser River Discovery Centre, 788 Quayside Dr.
Email your Top 5 ideas to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out our full arts and events calendar listings on our website's homepage at www.newwestrecord.ca.