1. Shop for all kinds of goodies at the New West Winter Farmers Market on Saturday, Feb. 15 on Belmont Street in uptown from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
2. Keep the weekend going and celebrate Family Day on Monday, Feb. 17 by enjoying free fun at venues around the city, including parks and rec facilities, River Market, Anvil Centre and Fraser River Discovery Centre. Details at www.newwestcity.ca.
3. Head to Massey Theatre for The Flight of the Hummingbird, a performance based on an Indigenous parable. This all-ages contemporary performance is on Saturday, Feb. 15 at 11 a.m. at Massey Theatre. Tickets are $12 for adults and $7 for students. Tickets and details about other Under the Rainbow Family Weekend events (a Feb. 14 screening of The Wizard of Oz and a Feb. 15 production of Parents are a Drag) at www.masseytheatre.com.
4. Check out Think Different, an exhibition of works by students in New Westminster Secondary School’s fine arts program. The exhibition, featuring works in a variety of mediums, is on at the Plaskett Gallery at Massey Theatre until Feb. 28. The gallery is open Tuesday to Saturday from 1 to 5 p.m. and during all Massey Theatre performances.
5. Spread some love by doing something sweet for your family, friends or strangers on Valentine’s Day – Friday, Feb. 14.
Email your Top 5 ideas to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out our full arts and events calendar listings on our website's homepage at www.newwestrecord.ca.