The latest news on the COVID-19 global pandemic (all times Eastern):
Alberta is reporting 106 new cases of COVID-19, as well as two more deaths.
The new cases bring the total to 1,181 in the province.
Provincial officials say 55 of the new cases are probable, while 51 have been confirmed by a lab.
The newly announced deaths bring the total number of people in Alberta with the novel coronavirus who have died to 20.
British Columbia medical health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry says she's heartened by a decrease in the number of people being diagnosed with COVID-19.
There have been 29 new cases since Friday, and Henry says if the province had continued to see the previous acceleration of about 25 per cent she would have been very concerned.
She says the curve in the number of cases in B.C. appears to be flattening, which could allow for health care for those who need help both for COVID-19 and other illnesses.
The province has recorded three more deaths for a total of 38 deaths among the 1,203 people diagnosed.
Public health officials in Manitoba say there are 12 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, bringing the provincial total of lab-confirmed and presumed positive cases to 194.
The number of deaths in the province from the novel coronavirus remains at two.
The province is opening what it calls "alternative isolation centres" this weekend for people who may need extra support.
The province's chief nursing officer says houekeeping staff at its acute care centres will start collecting "gently used" N95 masks for sterilization and re-use if the masks are deemed safe.
The Vancouver Park Board is deploying more than two dozen of its staff to patrol city parks and beaches, making people aware of physical distancing and public etiquette around sharing outdoor space during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The board says in a release that the workers will help park rangers who have issued more than 1,400 warnings for people to adhere to the two-metre distance rule.
Camil Dumont, chairman of the board, says recreational areas remain open in recognition of the important role outdoor spaces play in health and wellness.
However, he says public safety is the highest priority and those using the space are being urged to remain two metres apart.
A cruise ship with 99 Canadians on board has arrived in Miami.
Princess Cruises says disembarkation of guests who are fit to fly will begin Sunday.
The ship has 97 Canadian passengers and two Canadian crew members.
The Coral Princess departed San Antonio on March 5 and was set to end its voyage March 19 in Buenos Aires before the COVID-19 pandemic suspended operations.
The ship has been looking for a place to dock since March 13, but no country had allowed it.
Princess Cruises has said a dozen people on board have tested positive for COVID-19, while others are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
Ontario Premier Doug Ford says only essential workers should leave home unless it's for getting groceries or other absolutely necessary reasons.
To drive home the message, Ford says another emergency alert will go out on Saturday.
Ford says tens of thousands of lives are at stake.
Ontario is projecting between 3,000 and 15,000 lives will be lost to the pandemic even with stiff stay-at-home restrictions.
Newfoundland and Labrador is reporting eight new cases of COVID-19, bringing the province's total of confirmed cases to 203.
One of those new cases is a health-care worker at a hospital in St. Anthony, N.L.
Janice Fitzgerald, the province's chief medical officer of health, confirmed that 153 cases have been linked to two services last month at a funeral home in St. John's.
Fitzgerald says 11 people remain in hospital and three of them are in intensive care.
As well, she says 18 people have fully recovered.
Quebec is announcing 14 more deaths connected to COVID-19, bringing the province's total to 75.
Deputy Premier Genevieve Guilbault said today the province recorded another 896 cases of the virus compared with the day prior, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in Quebec to 6,997.
Guilbault adds that another 49 people have been hospitalized, for a total of 478, including eight more patients in intensive care out of 130 severe cases of the virus.
The deputy premier also announced that the province is restricting non-essential travel to two more areas: the region of Charlevoix and the city of Rouyn-Noranda.
Prince Edward Island says it has recorded no new cases of COVID-19 compared with the prior day.
The province's chief public health officer, Dr. Heather Morrison, said today the island's confirmed number of cases remains at 22.
She says P.E.I. received 169 negative test results and a total of six people have recovered from the disease.
Morrison is urging Islanders not to become complacent and to continue staying home in order to prevent community transmission.
Nova Scotia is reporting 29 new cases of COVID-19.
That brings the province's total to 236 confirmed cases.
Health officials say most cases in Nova Scotia have been linked to travel or a known case, but there is clear evidence that infections are now being spread within the community.
As a result, the province is ramping up its testing. Processing at the QEII Health Sciences Centre in Halifax will now move to a 24-7 operation as of Monday.
Four individuals are currently in hospital and 50 others have now recovered.
Two more residents of Pinecrest Nursing Home in Bobcaygeon, Ont., have died due to COVID-19.
A total of 22 residents at the seniors home and the wife of one have now died from the virus, one of the worst outbreaks of the novel coronavirus in the province.
Staff at the seniors residence in Ontario's cottage country have moved all residents with symptoms of the virus into one wing of the building.
At least 24 staff members at the facility have also tested positive for COVID-19.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says he plans to talk to U.S. President Donald Trump about White House orders to Minnesota-based 3M to stop exporting its surgical-grade face masks.
Trudeau says he is not looking at measures that are retaliatory or punitive.
Rather, he says the countries can come up with a diplomatic solution.
Much of the pulp for the masks that protect against COVID-19 spread comes from a mill in Nanaimo, B.C.
He says his message to Trump in the coming days will be that working together benefits both countries.
Health officials in New Brunswick are confirming three new cases of COVID-19.
That brings the province's total to 98 confirmed cases, which includes 28 individuals who have recovered.
Officials say most of the cases are related to travel or close contacts of confirmed cases, but four cases are from community transmission and six cases remain under investigation.
Meanwhile, four patients remain in hospital, with one in the intensive care unit.
The Canadian government is giving more financial support aimed at helping the most vulnerable survive the COVID-19 pandemic.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced $40 million will go to Women and Gender Equality Canada, with up to $30 million to address immediate needs of shelters and sexual assault centres.
Another $10 million will go to Indigenous Services Canada's network of 46 emergency shelters.
The government also says $157.5 million will address the needs of Canadians experiencing homelessness.
Toronto Mayor John Tory says Ontario should ban evictions for small business tenants the same way it has done for residential tenants.
Tory says being able to pay rent is the biggest concern he hears from small businesses in the city.
He is imploring landlords to sit down with their tenants so they can work out a way to help businesses make their rent payments at a later date.
The Ontario government banned evictions for residential tenants in March by cancelling all Landlord and Tenant Board hearings.
Ontario is reporting 27 more deaths from COVID-19.
The provincial total is now 94 deaths.
Ontario also reports another 375 cases of COVID-19 for a new total of 3,630.
The province lists 1,219 cases as resolved.