1. Enjoy the Royal Canadian Theatre Company’s farce, A Bedfull of Foreigners at Anvil Centre, 777 Columbia St. It’s running Thursday, March 14 to Saturday, March 16 at 7:30 p.m., as well as a matinee on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. Tickets and info at www.ticketsnw.ca or 604-521-5050.
2. Check out Magnetic_T, the latest exhibition at the New Media Gallery in Anvil Centre. With the installations in this exhibition having been described as baffling, exquisite, hypnotic and mind-blowing, this is one exhibition you won’t want to miss. Admission is by donation. The New Media Gallery is openfrom 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday to Sunday and from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursdays.
3. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day on March 17 at your favourite local watering hole, where you may be lucky enough to find some green beer and Irish entertainment.
4. Take in the Douglas College presentation of Morris Panych’s dark comedy, 7 Stories, which runs from March 15 to 22. Presented by the departments of theatre and stagecraft and event technology, this play gives insights into the lives of characters who are oblivious to the fact they’re conversing with a man who is standing on a seventh storey ledge contemplating suicide. For info and tickets, go to www.tinyurl.com/DouglasCollege7Stories.
5. Head over to Royal City Centre for this weekend’s Rumble Variety Show, which features segments including New West Has Talent, Ask the Expert and What’s Happening in New West segment.It’s happening in the wrestling ring in the mall on Saturday, March 16 from 1 to 2 p.m. Royal City Centre is at 610 Sixth St.
Email your Top 5 ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You can also check out our full arts and events calendar listings on our website's homepage at www.newwestrecord.ca.