1. Enjoy the New Westminster Symphony Orchestra’s first concert of 2019 on Sunday, March 3 at 2 p.m. Admission is by donation. Massey Theatre is at 735 Eighth Ave. Info at www.newwestsymphony.net.
2. Get creative and have fun at the Youth Exploration and Experimentation in Technology festival, part of Innovation Week. Children and youth can enjoy two days of low- or no-cost, drop-in and registered programs full of creativity, exploration and fun at YEET! It’s on Saturday, March 2 and Sunday, March 3 from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Anvil Centre, 777 Columbia St. Details and registration at www.innovatenewwest.ca.
3. Head to Anvil Centre for White Noise by Taran Kootenhayoo, a comedy about two Canadian families who have dinner together for the first time during Truth and Reconciliation Week. Performances are on Friday, March 1 at 1 and 7:30 p.m. at Anvil Centre. It’s free, but it’s recommended you reserve tickets through www.ticketsnw.ca.
4. Get inspired at PechaKucha New West on Saturday, March 2 at 8 p.m. at Anvil Centre, when 10 speakers will share their passions in slide presentation on assorted topics. Tickets to the event, which is part of Innovation Week 2019, are $7.50 and available at Eventbrite.ca. (Search for PechaKucha Night New Westminster.)
5. Get outdoors and go to the New West Farmers Market on Saturday, March 2 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the 600 block of Belmont Street. Offerings include all kinds of delicious foods from a variety of vendors.
Email your Top 5 ideas to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out our full arts and events calendar listings on our website's homepage at www.newwestrecord.ca.