New West residents are invited to get cookin’ with some of their neighbours.
Family Services of Greater Vancouver is serving up several free community kitchen programs in New Westminster starting this month.
Patricia Steiner, manager of community education and development services, said Family Services is pleased with the winter lineup of cooking sessions being offered in New West and encourages people to get involved. The winter-spring offerings include:
* Winter Healthy Cooking for parents and grandparents of children aged zero to 12 years at Knox Presbyterian Church on Tuesdays (Jan. 15 and 29, Feb. 12 and 26 and March 4 and 11 form 10 a.m. to noon);
* Seniors Community Kitchen where seniors can learn and cook healthy and nutritious recipes while connecting with other community members at Century House on Mondays (Jan. 21 and 28, Feb. 4, 11 and 25, and March 4, 11 and 18 from 9:30 a.m. till noon);
* Community kitchen for parents/grandparents/caregivers of children aged zero to five at Qayqayt Elementary School on Wednesdays (Jan. 9 to March 13 from 10 a.m. to noon);
* Healthy Community Cooking for parents or grandparents of children aged zero to 12 at the Queensborough Community Centre on Thursdays (Jan. 17 and 31, Feb. 7 and 21, March 7 from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.); and
* A Food Bank Hub community kitchen at Olivet Church on Thursdays from 10 a.m. to noon (Jan. 17, Feb. 14 and March 14).
To register, call 604-525-9144 extension 3636 or email email@example.com.